4dlux aka Diane James, has a BA in Contemporary Visual Arts from SCU, and a TAFE Multimedia Cert4 and is an ever evolving process through various incarnations of 4th dimension, idesignzmedia and now 4dlux rising like a phoenix from the ashes of the Epicentre in Byron Bay in the mid 90’s when electronic music first appeared on Australian shores.
4dlux produces video projections to inspire the imagination and fire the creative spirit. Live imagery evolves as a response to music creating a synastry of sound and vision driven by contemporary aesthetics of appropriation and deconstruction using found, filmed and fragments of visual artwork to create juxtapositions to challenge the senses and create extraordinary experiences of the most positive kind.
1994 Bachelor of Visual Arts, Southern Cross University
1994 Artist in Residence – Interactive Multimedia Learning Unit, IMLU, Melbourne University
2011 Multimedia Cert4, Kingscliff TAFE
Live video projections. Video production & Sfx.
- Rabbits Eat Lettuce 2018 – VJ Main Stage
- Earth Frequency 2018 – VJ Subterran Stage
- Swiff Lightbox 2018 Coffs Harbour – Associate Creative Director and Illuminart Mentee
- Splendour in the Grass 2017 – VJ Tipi Forest
- Past, Present Future – Architectural Projection, MAT17. Murwillumbah Art Trail
- Bleach for the Reef – RONA17 through Earth Tribunal AELA, and 2017 MEFS Murwillumbah Experimental Film Shorts
- Home-less – 2016 MEFS – Murwillumbah Experimental Film Shorts
- Into the Shadows Dance Party – Live video projections
- Internal Astronomy performance – Live video projections
- Chana Beck 50th birthday visuals – Live video projections
- Mic Cosmic 50th birthday visuals – Live video projections
- NYE The Haven Bar – Live video projections
- Carnival of the Here and Now – Live video projections
- Tweed Creative Studios Jam Nights – Live video projections
- 2014 Videotext – Bramberg Austria – videography
- 2014 Ars Electronica, Austria – Inspired attendee! (The theme was ‘Change’)
- SAFE Grant Fund Application acceptance to attend ISEA2013, Sydney
- Access Arts Inc. (Qld) – Acceptance into Professional Skill Development Program
- On Track Community Programs Inc. – Video clip filming and production
- Adelaide Luminous Art Trail and Night Mural Picnic with Illuminart – Assistant mentored by Cindi Drennan.
- Kirra Hill Community Centre – Official opening video screening ‘From the Past to the Future‘.
- Gold Coast and Hinterland Environment Council – Event filming and clip production.
- DVD Production – Client – Alan Johnston /Product: 10 minute Acupunture DVD
- Wedding DVD Production and Wedding Reception Visuals – Videography, live video projections, Dvd production.
- Calypso Nightclub – Preproduction of animation and visuals/Live vision mixing and projections at venue with international DJ’s.
- Video Combustion In conjunction with Cindi Drennan and Tesseract. Venue: Redfern Performance Space – Live video projections
- Stolichnaya Lemon Ruski website launch – Live video projections, Contractor: Spike Networks. Venue: Arc Nightclub
- Inaugural Byron Bay Film Festival – Live video projections and production
- NCEIA – North Coast Entertainment Industry Awards – Live video projections and production
- Byron Bay New Year’s Eve Community Event – Live video projections and production
- Beyond the Brain – Goma, Brisbane
- Beyond the Brain Parties – Epicentre Byron Bay – Live video projections and production